- Three estrogens - The balance of estrone, estradiol, and estriol.
- Progesterone - This hormone rises and falls during the menstrual cycle, influencing fertility and PMS, and after menopause it modulates the effects of estrogens
- Two androgens - Both testosterone and DHEA affect sexual function, body composition, and cognition
- Estrogen metabolites - The "2" and "16a" forms of hydroxylated estrone have different affects on genetic expression and rate of cell proliferation - their ratio may indicate a woman's risk for breast and endometrial cancer
- Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) - influences the circulating levels of free testosterone and estradiol.
This test can help to evaluate women's health conditions, including PMS, perimenopause, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), dysmenorrhea, fibrocystic breast disease, sexual dysfunction, breast cancer, heart disease, dementia, and osteoporosis.
What this test involves
A single blood sample is taken and sent to the lab for analysis.
How can I get this test done?
Talk to your health care professional about your symptoms and ask if this test would be useful for you. It can be done through: Genova Laboratory.