Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (or try almond, cashew, even hazelnut)
- healthy dash of umeboshi vinegar
- healthy dash of vanilla
- optional: cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, roasted almonds, peanuts or cashews
2. Pour onto crispy rice cereal in a large bowl and blend well with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour into a pyrex dish (or other pan) and flatten with a wet spatula.
4. Let cool. Slice and serve.
The foregoing is excerpted from The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics, by Jessica Porter. Copyright © 2004 by Jessica Porter. All rights reserved. Avery.