1. Health
Cathy Wong, ND

Yoga for Back Pain Relief

By October 18, 2012

As many as 80 percent of U.S. population will experience back pain at some point in their lives, according to statistics from the American Chiropractic Association. While back pain is often difficult to treat, a number of natural therapies (including massage, acupuncture, and dietary supplements like vitamin D and white willow bark may aid patients in managing their condition and alleviating their pain.

Recent research from the journal Spine shows that yoga may also be of some benefit in treatment of back pain. For the study, researchers assigned 313 patients with chronic or recurrent low back pain to about three months of either conventional care or weekly yoga sessions. By the end of the study, those assigned to the yoga group had taken far fewer days off work, compared to those assigned to conventional care. Given this finding, the authors concluded that yoga appears to be a cost-effective solution for treating chronic back pain. Read the full article: 15 Remedies for Back Pain

Comments
October 25, 2012 at 12:58 pm
(1) Brittney says:

I have not heard of white willow bark. I will give this a try.

November 3, 2012 at 6:56 am
(2) tiger Balm 851 says:

No matter of the health issues or injury there are a few solutions to carry your canine agony relief.
There are quite a few men and women, primarily teens in America, who end up addicted to
oxycodone medication.

November 6, 2012 at 3:30 am
(3) neck pain relief says:

magnificent points altogether, you simply gained a logo new reader.
What might you recommend in regards to your post that you simply made some days ago?

Any positive?

November 7, 2012 at 12:55 pm
(4) Dr. Terranella says:

Great to see an article about natural pain remedies, including yoga. I think it’s important for people to realize that there are other treatments for pain than just opiate therapy (vicodin, oxycodone, and the like) and surgery. I wrote an ebook that talks about the other types of treatment, at: http://www.swintegrativemedicine.com/holistic-pain-management?hsCtaTracking=653da451-b9af-4f06-a73e-1946f558b42c%7C88af90a6-adb3-49ef-827b-df8498f8f74b

Hope this helps anyone out there looking for more information!

November 8, 2012 at 9:18 am
(5) Mike says:

I have had back pain for months (mainly in the lower back) and iv’e made some recent lifestyle changes such as offering my back much more support by sitting at a more supportive chair at work and sleeping on a memory foam mattress, combined with regular exercise which i do try to do once or twice a week especially yoga which i’m really getting into, the small changes have really helped a lot and iv’e also found i’m a bit less grumpy when the discomfort is at it’s worst.

February 5, 2013 at 8:28 am
(6) Relief from sciatica pain says:

I am agree on your article and I faced this problem. Then I found a company Pain Free 2013. From taken their solution I got released from back pain in 7 seconds.

February 11, 2013 at 12:17 am
(7) julianswilson says:

I have never heard about white willow bark but definitely agree with the point of doing yoga to get rid of back pain. Yoga positions helps in strengthening the muscles and helps for various movements and allows the body to relax.

August 27, 2013 at 8:28 pm
(8) Richard says:

I have been suffering from lower back pain for the longest time. I started taking yoga classes and it has helped my back drastically! I don’t know if its the stretching and core exercises that help, but it is definitely a life saver!