A potato poultice is a warm compress made with grated potato that is used to relieve congestion and inflammation and heal skin. It's used traditionally for conditions such as arthritis and eczema.
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Chop two unpeeled potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Boil the potato cubes. Mash them.
- Spread the potatoes onto a thick gauze or cheesecloth. Add another sheet of gauze or cheesecloth or fold it over.
- Test the temperature with your hand, making sure it's not too hot.
- Apply the poultice to the affected area. Wrap it with a dry cloth or towel and hold it in place with string or bandage.
- Remove the poultice once it is cold.
What You Need
- 2 pieces of cheesecloth or gauze
- String or bandages