Pellet stool is stool that comes out in small, round balls. It's associated with constipation.
Signs of liver qi stagnation include:
- symptoms are worse with stress
- symptoms improve with exercise
- feeling bloated all the time
- copious amounts of gas, which is often odorless
- symptoms are worse before or during menstrual periods
Excessive intake of red meat, wheat, sugar, and alcohol are believed to cause congestion and heat in the body and worsen the liver qi stagnation. Reducing intake of these foods can help. Some alternative practitioners recommend a detox diet plan.
According to some herbalists, herbs that reduce stress and help digestion by easing intestinal bloating and cramping are chamomile and lemon balm. Both can be found as teas or taken as capsules or liquid extracts.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do not suppress the urge to have a bowel movement.
Address any change or abnormality in bowel movement with your physician immediately, as it can be a sign of a serious disorder.