If you're new to complementary and alternative medicine, this page is a good place to start getting the facts you need. The links below will help you get started.
- What is Complementary and Alternative Medicine?
How is complementary and alternative medicine defined? How is it different from conventional medicine?
- Over One-Third Americans Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Learn the results of one of the largest surveys of alternative medicine usage, which was administered to over 31,000 adults in the United States in 2002.
- What are the 5 Main Types of Complementary and Alternative Medicine?
Before you can decide which alternative therapy is right for you, you need to understand how they're classified.
- Most Common Complementary and Alternative Therapies
A ranked list of the top 22 alternative therapies, according to a large 2002 survey of over 31,000 people in the United States.
- Top 15 Conditions For Which People Turn to Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Why do people use alternative therapies? See a ranked list of the top health conditions.
- 12 Most Common Questions About Insurance Coverage
Some people may want to try alternative medicine but don't know if there covered or how to find a practitioner who accepts their insurance. This article answers the most common questions people have.
- What’s New in Alternative Medicine Research?
Find out about the latest research on alternative medicine and find out which studies currently need participants.
- Glossary of Alternative Medicine Terms
Want to look up a particular term? Search our glossary of common alternative medicine terms.
- How to Find a Complementary and Alternative Practitioner
- Index of Complementary and Alternative Therapies
- Want to learn more about a particular therapy? Look up alternative therapies, such as massage or acupuncture, in this index.
- What Are Some Of My Options? Index of Conditions and Remedies
- A to Z Index of Herbs and Supplements
So you're interested in trying an alternative therapy, but where do you find a practitioner? Here are some suggestions.
A library of articles on some of the best alternative options for particular health conditions.
Browse the herb and supplement index to find information on specific herbs and supplements.