Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 glass
- 1 large or 2 medium beets
- 2 large carrots
- 1 green apple
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Wash the produce thoroughly, especially if they aren’t organic. Use a natural produce wash if possible.
2. Scrub the beets and carrots well.
3. Remove the core and seeds of the apple. Peel the lemon if you are using it.
4. If necessary, cut the ingredients into smaller pieces so that they fit into the juicer. Be careful when handling beets - the juice stains everything, so wear gloves if necessary and protect your countertops.
5. Turn on the juicer. Process the first four ingredients, one by one.
6. Stir in the lemon juice, if you are using it.
7. Pour the juice into a glass. Drink immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Stir before drinking.