1. Health
Cathy Wong, ND

What Do You Wear During Massage?

By June 2, 2008

One of the most embarrassing questions people have about massage is what to wear during the massage. Do you remove your underwear, keep them on, or change into a thong or brief? Vote here, and find out what everyone else does!

Poll: What do you wear during massage?
Comments
April 18, 2006 at 10:08 pm
(1) sally says:

I think that to remove all wears during the massag is to get a complete freedom not only in the body but too in soul. But why we should have some shame of our body? The nature have done us so, male and femele, and all we make the same thinks at the same mode. So, where are all the secrets? May be somebody could have some shame if the massage has done by an opposite sex but it is a complete mistake. I think that all parts of my body, genital included, are naturaly so taht I have nothing to be shame if I show me in natural mode without any second shag.

April 19, 2006 at 8:26 pm
(2) LICENSED THERAPIST says:

IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A GOOD MASSAGE, IT IS RECOMENDED TO REMOVE ALL CLOTHING. A TRUE THERAPIST IS NOT INTERESTED IN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOU. WE ARE PROFESSIONALS THAT ARE INTERESTED IN HEALING YOUR ACHES AND PAINS, GIVING YOU RELAXATION AND PEACE OF THE SOUL.
NAMASTA :)

April 20, 2006 at 2:59 pm
(3) Rick Gallert says:

Why wold it be neccessary to remove under pants/panties if they are not massassing your genitals.Its usually my neck/shoulders and back that needs attention not my crack.Why go to sleep when possibly your dealing with a kook.Dont get angry it happens quite often in many prof environs Sorry if I offended anyone but at least look before you leap

April 21, 2006 at 11:12 am
(4) Julie says:

I agree with LICENSED THERAPIST. Completely unclothed is the best way to recieve a therapeutic massage. However, if you do not feel comfortable going to a stranger for a massage, try one at home. Why not read up on essential oils and massage to find the right blend for your needs and ask your spouse, or someone you are comfortable with to give you a massage.

Julie
info@100pureessentialoils.com

April 23, 2006 at 2:58 pm
(5) Elena says:

I let my clients know that it depends on their comfort level, as to whether they’d like to remove all clothing, if not just leave their underwear on. Some women, because of being on their moon cycles, may opt to leave underwear on. As someone mentioned before, we are professionals and our intent is relaxation/healing; to provide the client a safe and nurturing environment so that they’re able to do so. Remember as a client your comfort is of our utmost concern, so make sure to speak up if at anytime the pressure is to light or to firm, or if an area that is being massaged is causing pain or discomfort. This is your massage and we value feedback on how to make the massage session as safe, comforting and relaxing as possible.

October 31, 2006 at 2:36 pm
(6) Brett says:

I used to wear my underwear, but being an athlete, some therapsits would take that as a sign that I didn’t want my glutes done! They also would miss crucial parts of my hamstrings, quads, and adductor muscles. I finally got up enough nerve to be totally unclothed and now I would never go back. The only time I wear underwear is if it is a new female therapist and I get the feeling they would rather have me in my undies, at least until they know me better. I can respect that, though I would still prefer to be unclothed.