For a friend of mine, a massage neophyte who had moved to a new city, it was wondering whether the place she had been going to was really a sensual massage parlor (I was tipped off when she told me they hadn't given her any kind of form to fill out and that the masseuse wore high heels during the session).
So here are the answers to 10 massage questions that you want to know, but are too embarrassed to ask.
Do you have an embarrassing massage situation? Or are you a massage therapist who can give us suggestions on how to handle them? Share your knowledge, tips, questions, and experiences below in the comments so we can all learn.
Poll: What's your most embarrassing massage question?
- I don't know whether or how much to tip.
- I'm not sure if I'm supposed to take off my underwear.
- I'm worried about drooling, passing gas, or stomach rumbling
- I'm worried about getting an erection.
- I don't know whether to talk during the massage.
- If the pressure's not deep enough, I'm not sure if I should say so.
- I'm self-conscious about part of my body.
- I don't know if it's appropriate to request a male/female massage therapist.
- I can't tell if a spa is legitimate.
- I have another embarrassing question (tell us about it in the comments below)
- View Results